SRE-ASEAN Community Forum
Through the support from S. Rajaratnam Endowment, the ASEAN Foundation will be organising three (3) ‘S. Rajaratnam Endowment - ASEAN Community’ Forums, within the period of March 2017 – April 2018. The First Forum will be held from 9 – 10 March, 2017 in Kent Ridge, NUS< Singapore with the thematic topics of 1). Rural Development; 2). Women’s Economic Development and 3). Micro-Small-Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
The forum will bring together 50 CSO participants coming from the three sectors to explore alliance building and collaboration with corporates and policy makers to come up with solutions for economic dynamism and resilience in ASEAN’s integration.
Specifically, the Forum will:
1. Collect, dissect and synthesise the community voices, opinions and interpretations of the respective characteristics and elements of the ASEAN community pillars;
2. Conceptualise an ASEAN communal identity which complements the ASEAN institutional identity;
3. Identify the enabling factors for forging a shared ASEAN identity;
4. Come up with the solutions and modalities to work towards a shared ASEAN identity by 2025
It will feature an intresting line up of speakers which include:
- Chair of ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting on Rural Development and Poverty Eradication (SOMRDPE), H.E. SAO Chivoan
- Director of Human Development, ASEAN Secretariat, Rodora Babaran
- Lead Researcher for Economic Affairs and also an ISEAS Fellow, Sanchita Basu-Das
- Technical Officer for Enterprise & Stakeholders Engagement Division, ASEAN Secretariat, Lisa Indah Wijayani