Editor for Final Proceeding ALSPEAC
Term of Reference
Editor for Final Proceeding (Individual Concultancy)
ASEAN Learning Series and Policy Engagement on Agricultural Cooperative (ALSPEAC)
Inclusive Coffee Value Chain
Yogyakarta 19-21 July 2017
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi- stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN Learning Series is a continuation of the ASEAN Learning Route (ALRAC). The 2017 ALSPEAC was organised in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on 19 – 21 July 2017. The three-day event is specifically designed to facilitate learning exchange on the inclusive coffee value chain. It is expected to encourage strategic alliance among the farmers’ cooperatives, policy makers, and private sectors as well as to promote collective marketing under the ASEAN Centre for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) coordination. The expected outputs from ALSPEAC 2017 were:
- Seven national networks/focal points of Coffee Agricultural Cooperatives that would bring unified participation of coffee cooperatives in the national and regional coffee dialogues;
- A comprehensive case study on AFOSP Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives;
- A Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives directory serves as a baseline data for ACEDAC.
The aims of this consultancy are to:
Edit, proofread, and rewrite the ALSPEAC Proceeding and produce a final version ready to be formatted for publication.
Approximately 41 pages with currently 101,832 words without spaces. The editing process will include a revision of the current text to achieve an optimal flow of information and presentation of the event. The editing process might entail substantive re-writing and synthetizing of parts of the existing text in order to make the proceeding more readable and understandable to non- expert/farmers audiences.
One editted, proofreaded, and rewrited proceeding by 18 August 2017
The consultant will be supervised by Yacinta Esti, Project Manager AF AFOSP ro ensure that the flow of proceeding readable and understandable to EU-IFAD, ASEAN policy makers, and farmer organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in communication and editing.
- High level English essential.
- Ability to synthesize complex documents into key messages.
- Experience with editing and proofreading documents and familiarity with newspaper style and ASEAN editorial manual desirable.
- Experience in communication on matters related to agriculture an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education
- At least 5 years of experience working on editing, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The consultant will work for 5 working days starting from 14 – 18 August 2017 at the rate of IDR 150,000/page for 41 pages (IDR 6,150,000). Payment will be made upon completion of the finalized outputs.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn