Event Rapporteur, 23 – 25 June 2019, Bali, Indonesia
Term of Reference
the 2019/20 ASEAN Science and Technology (S&T) Fellowship
Orientation Workshop and Close-out Event
Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
23 June – 19 July 2019
The work of event rapporteur consultant will be supervised by the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation and Senior Project Officer for the ASEAN Science & Technology Fellowship
The ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship initiative began in 2014. Since the inaugural year, the fellowship has strived to support and to encourage more young scientists in South East Asia to be exposed to science-based policymaking and to work together with the policymakers. Fellows are placed in their national line ministry that relevant to their research topic to address and carry on research work that becomes the ASEAN Community priorities.
Modeled after the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) S&T Policy Fellowship Program and piloted by the USAID ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security (PROGRESS) programme, the fellowship has generated 52 alumni from since then.
Under the management of ASEAN Foundation, the fellowship now is on its fifth cycle and will conduct its Orientation Workshop (23 – 24 June 2019) involving 17 of 2019/20 ASEAN S&T Fellows and their supervisors. In addition, consecutively on 25 June 2019, the close-out event will be held involving almost 52 alumni and their supervisors. Thus, both activities require a good help in organising the event and the participants to ensure smooth implementation. Therefore, the ASEAN Foundation will hire an event rapporteur consultant to support the event’s implementation.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation and Senior Project Officer for the ASEAN Science & Technology Fellowship, the consultant will take a detailed record of the discussions during the three-day event and produce from the said recordings a comprehensive report on the proceedings. To produce a comprehensive report, the consultant will compile the report from each break-out session prepared by the facilitators. The report will also be accompanied by an executive summary that summarises the proceedings and main outcomes of the orientation workshop and close-out event.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station is in Bali, Indonesia. While the duration of the assignment will be from 23 June – 19 July 2019, with the following division:
- 23 – 25 June 2019: Attend and work at the event to take detailed of the discussions in all sessions including note-taking the Focus Group Discussion conducted on 25 June 2019
- 27 June – 18 July 2019: Collate the detailed records to develop a comprehensive report as outlined in the section of “Expected Outputs”. This period includes back-and-forth communication between the rapporteur and the ASEAN Foundation for revision
- 19 July 2019: Submit the final version of the report
A well‐written comprehensive report of the forum in an electronic format (Microsoft Word document), covering the following content:
- The forum proceedings, including key discussion and conclusion in every session
- The recommendations made in the concluding session
- Any other important notes
- Annexes, including (1) concept note, (2) agenda, (3) participant list, including their contact number and email address, (3) presentations, and (4) reference documents (if any are presented in the meeting and training)
The first draft of the report is due to be submitted by 5 July 2019, with the final version to be concluded by 19 July 2019.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate students with experience in report writing, documenting international conferences and meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of development related processes and terminologies particularly related to ASEAN affairs and rural development
- Experienced in the documentation and report production for high‐level and/or technical meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Applicants residing in Bali, Indonesia will be prioritised. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bali
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com please put the subject S&T2019_ER. The application should consist of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample (Report or Minutes of Meeting)
The payment of services and goods will be transferred after the deliverable is submitted and agreed by the ASEAN Foundation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Monday, 27 May 2019.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn