Event Rapporteur for Advanced Capacity Building Workshop of ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship, 14 - 16 October 2018, Cebu, the Philippines
The ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship initiative began in 2014. Since the inaugural year, the fellowship has strived to support and to encourage more young scientists in South East Asia to be exposed to science-based policy making and to work together with the policymakers. Fellows are placed in their national line ministry that relevant to their research topic to address and carry on research work that becomes the ASEAN Community priorities.
Modeled after the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) S&T Policy Fellowship Program and piloted by the USAID ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security (PROGRESS) program, the fellowship has generated 35 alumni from since then.
The 52 participants from 9 ASEAN Member States will be invited to Cebu, the Philippines, in 3-day event, the Advanced Capacity Building Workshop (14 – 16 October 2018).
The 2018/19 ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship requires a good help to ensure that the event’s reports are properly written and well-documented. Therefore, the ASEAN Foundation will hire event rapporteurs to support the event’s implementation.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation, the consultant will take a detailed record of the discussions during the two-day forum and produce from the said recordings a comprehensive report on the proceedings. To produce the comprehensive report, the consultant will compile the report from each break-out session prepared by the facilitators. The report will also be accompanied by an executive summary of the proceedings and main outcomes of the forum.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station is in Mactan City, Cebu, Philippines. While the duration of the assignment will be from 13 – 31 October 2018, with the following division:
- 14 - 16 October 2018: Attend and work at the event to take detailed of the discussions in all sessions except for the break-out session
- 17 – 30 October 2018: Collate the detailed records to develop a comprehensive report as outlined in the section of “Expected Outputs”. This period includes back-and-forth communication between the rapporteur and the ASEAN Foundation for revision
- 31 October 2018: Submit the final version of the report
A well‐written comprehensive report of the forum in an electronic format (Microsoft Word document), covering the following content:
- The forum proceedings, including key discussion and conclusion in every session
- The recommendations made in the concluding session
- Any other important notes
- Annexes, including (1) concept note, (2) agenda, (3) participant list, including their contact number and email address, (3) presentations, and (4) reference documents (if any are presented in the meeting and training)
The first draft of the report is due to be submitted by 25 October 2018, with the final version to be concluded by 31 October 2018.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum undergraduate student with experience in report writing, documenting international conferences and meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of development related processes and terminologies particularly related to ASEAN affairs and rural development
- Experienced in documentation and report production for high‐level and/or technical meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Applicants residing in Cebu – the Philippines will be prioritized. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Cebu – the Philippines
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org please put the subject ER_S&TFellowship2018. The application should consist of:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Friday, 14 September 2018.
****Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn