Event Rapporteur for Regional Capacity Building and Orientation Workshop of eMpowering Youth Across ASEAN
TERM OF REFERENCE
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Foundation that aims to alleviate poverty, and improve the social and economic well- being of ASEAN communities through youth volunteerism and social innovation. The programme targets youths between the ages of 19 to 35 years old from all 10 ASEAN Member States to be change-makers by providing a platform to learn, contribute, and advocate solutions to social and economic issues.
In its implementation, the programme will select a total of 10 qualified youths from each ASEAN Member States and they will be deployed in the selected community areas in Cambodia, Indonesia and Malaysia to work with the civil society organisations (CSOs) and social enterprises to undertake a two-week community project under the themes of community empowerment, arts and culture, environmental diversity and education.
The workshop will serve as an excellent avenue for participants, organiser and broader audience alike to learn about volunteerism, youth activism, project management, community development and social entrepreneurship. Therefore, it is pertinent to compile and document all sharing, communication and discussions throughout the workshop. For this reason, we find it necessary to require the assistance of event rapporteur.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation, the consultant will produce a detailed and comprehensive report that contains all sharing, communication and discussions of the five-day workshop. To do this, the consultant will compile the report from each break-out session prepared by the facilitators. The consultant also will make a summary of proceedings and main outcomes of the forum.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station is in Bangkok, Thailand. The assignment duration will be from 21 January – 23 February 2019, with the following timelines:
- 22 – 26 January 2019: Attend and work at the workshop to produce a detailed discussions result in all sessions except for the break-out session
- 24 January – 14 February 2019: Collate the detailed records to develop a comprehensive report as outlined in the section of “Expected Outputs”. This period includes back-and-forth communication between the rapporteur and the ASEAN Foundation for revision
- 15 February 2019: Submit the final version of the report
A well‐written comprehensive report of the forum in an electronic format (Microsoft Word document), covering the following content:
- The forum proceedings, including key discussion and conclusion in every session
- The recommendations made in the concluding session
- Any other important notes
- Annexes, including (1) concept note, (2) agenda, (3) participant list, including their contact number and email address, (3) presentations, and (4) reference documents (if any are presented in the meeting and training)
The first draft of the report is due to be submitted by 11 February 2019, with the final version to be concluded by 15 February 2019.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate students with experience in report writing, documenting international conferences and meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of development related processes and terminologies particularly related to ASEAN affairs and rural development
- Experienced in documentation and report production for high‐level and/or technical meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Applicants residing in Bangkok, Thailand will be prioritised. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bangkok, Thailand.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com. Please include the email subject of ER_EYAA2019. The application should consist of:
- Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and an English written sample
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Wednesday, 2 January 2019
****Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn