Executive Support and Administrative Officer
Executive Support and Administrative Officer
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Head of Finance and Administration
Drivers, Security Guards, Office Boy
Term of Employment
This position is for an initial period of one (1) year, after which the position will be evaluated subject to the organization needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
The primary responsibility for this Executive Support and Administrative Officer is to provide a wide range of administrative support to the Executive Director of the ASEAN Foundation and be responsible for the administrative and organisational management of the office.
The individual must be well organized, able to work in a high-pressure environment with little supervision, and remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient and maintain professionalism at all times. Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, excellent time management skills, strong decision-making ability (anticipating any possible needs relating to rescheduling of activities and travel arrangements), and excellent attention to detail. The individual must also be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Executive Director by handling daily tasks including, but not limited to:
- Direct telephone calls
- Schedule internal and external meetings
- Manage travel arrangements
- Handle internal communications
- Prepare meeting minutes and agenda of staff meetings
- Draft internal and external correspondence including letters, emails, and memos
- Support the Executive Director’s cultivation and stewardship of donors including not limited to drafting regular correspondence and emails and plaining events and meetings
- Provide the Executive Director with appropriate preparation before meetings and check-ins, including creating agendas, providing reminders about content and action item and tracking follow-up item.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, including but not limited to, organizing and collecting necessary material for presentations and creating and editing documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Assist in answering the organization’s main line and direct calls as needed to staff
- Lead person for managing the shared office calendar, including finalizing meeting dates, appointments and utilisation of office cars and drivers
- Support the official travel arrangements of staff members that are not project-related including reserving, booking and issuance of air-ticket and hotel accommodations.
- Oversee planning and coordination of events; e.g. Board of Trustees Meetings, meetings of the ASEAN Foundation, including the reproduction of Board of Trustees’ documents
- Maintain and update office phone list, email distribution lists, and other similar systems
- Maintain responsibility for general office upkeep and “look and feel.” This includes keeping kitchen and supply areas stocked, clean and functional.
- Oversee office storage, gift registry and file maintenance including office filing system for both physical and e-documents
- Manage long-term expatriate staff (e.g. Executive Director’s) visa, residence permit, diplomatic ID and housing matters as well as its VAT tax exemption.
- Manage VAT exemption for all subcontracts; the car licenses and its privilege to the MOFA, Custom Office and Police
- Ensure adherence to office administrative rules and procedures
- In coordination with relevant staff, arrange documents to be sent by post or courier and ensure that the documents can be received timely and properly
- Supervise support staff team including drivers, security guards, and office helper
- Manage the office-related procurement process, i.e. seek bids which support office operations; negotiate and manage long-term vendor relationships, including but not limited to contracts for travel agency, office equipment, and IT systems as well as PO issuance.
- Manage the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
- Coordinate with programme/project officers on the development and updating of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Support financial activities
- Responsible for managing for petty cash
- Support organisation’s technology needs, including facilitating user’s access to system, system oversight and troubleshooting.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the direct Supervisor and the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Completion of undergraduate degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of solid administrative experience in an office setting (in secretarial, administration, finance or accounting and procurement)
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
- Excellent computer skills; proficient or advanced skill in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with data management.
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail.
- Strong sense of initiative and a process-improvement mindset.
- Highly flexible, creative problem solver, with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Execute and exhibit good judgment. High level of professionalism.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
- Able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
- The ability to develop, build and maintain relationships with partners including high ranking government officials, donors as well as contractors
All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to email@example.com
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae, 3 reference and
c) Salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
23 September 2018 (extended)Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn