Facilitator for 2nd Regional Workshop on Developing the Action Plan of ASEAN Roadmap
Term of Reference
2nd Regional Workshop on Developing the Action Plan of ASEAN Roadmap for Enhance the Role of Agricultural Cooperatives in the Agricultural Global Value Chain
25 September 2019
ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta
The ASEAN Roadmap for Enhancing the Role of Agricultural Cooperative in the Global Value Chain (ASEAN Roadmap)2018–2025 was approved by Ad. Referendum on 4 June 2018 by the focal points of the ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Agriculture Cooperatives (ASWGAC). The document was further endorsed by the 40th AMAF Meeting in Viet Nam in October 2018.
On 28 February 2019, the first regional roadmap workshop was organised to translate the ASEAN Roadmap into an action plan to highlight priorities in order to harmonise actions of the national cooperatives with the four pillars of the ASEAN Roadmap. This workshop brought together multi-stakeholders to enhance the role of agricultural cooperatives in the agricultural global value chain as it attended by focal points of ASWGAC, ACEDAC Secretariat, farmers Organisations and cooperatives, private sector, and development agencies. Later, the draft action plan was submitted to the 21st ASWGAC Meeting in Nay Pyi Taw.
At the 21st ASWGAC Meeting, the Meeting noted the organisation of the first regional roadmap workshop where a fruitful exchange of views resulted in a recommended action plan and priorities that can be utilised to operationalise the ASEAN Roadmap 2019-2025 by the ASWGAC and/or stakeholders for cooperation. Based on the discussion, strengthening the market access and capacity building on agricultural cooperatives were considered as the priority with suggested activity to launch an e-commerce with e-payment system using the existing platform under ACCMSME. Under financial service, it was recommended to establish a weather index for insurance scheme. The Meeting discussed the possibility to conduct another regional roadmap workshop to develop a new project/collaboration in order to implement the roadmap based on the priorities discussed at the first regional roadmap workshop focusing on cooperatives insurance and e-commerce with agreed appointment of lead country for each thematic project.
The Meeting requested the ACEDAC Secretariat, the ASEAN Secretariat and the ASEAN Foundation under the project of ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations Support Programme (AFOSP) to facilitate a second regional roadmap workshop.
- to deliberate on the draft action plan that was drafted in the first regional roadmap workshop in February 2019 by reaffirming the recommended actions, identify the Lead Country and possible partners as well as timelines
- to outline new projects from the draft action plan for ASWGAC’s consideration in 2020 for mode of cooperation to implement
- 20 participants from ASWGAC, ACEDAC, ASEAN Secretariat, development partner and private sector
- A recommended action plan 2021-2025 at the regional level based on the pillars of the roadmap for submission to the next ASGWAC Meeting in 2020
Strengthen cooperation among regional stakeholder to operationalize Action Plan and Priorities of ASEAN Roadmap 2019-2025.
SCOPE OF WORK:
In this context, one consultant will be recruited to undertake the facilitation of the above workshop. The consultant will work in consultation with ASEAN Secretariat, ACEDAC Secretariat and ASEAN Foundation to achieve the following deliverables:
(1 day preparation
(2 days effort)
Deliver proceeding report of the workshop: from 9 to 20 pages excluding annexes (presentations and documentation)
Format, font Arial 11 paragraph with line spacing multiple 1.19 and spacing (after, before) is 0. The outlines suggested as follows:
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Demonstrates strong ability to manage, facilitate, and engage in discussions with multiple stakeholders in a formal setting, seeking to encourage participation in an open and collegial environment;
- Strong ability in managing confidential and politically sensitive issues, in a responsible way, and in accordance with protocols
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Social or Political Sciences, International Relations, Agriculture or related field.
- At least 5-10 years of professional experience in development or related field, at the national or international level, preferably including experience in the area of agriculture
- Hands-on experience in the design and facilitation of multi-stakeholder meetings involving large international organisations (such as ASEAN, UN), with an advanced ability to facilitate participation in team work in such settings
- Good understanding of the ASEAN processes
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
TIME-FRAME AND FEES
The facilitator will work for 4 working days (8 hours/day) starting from the workshop preparation. Please mention your daily rate in your application.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with an updated curriculum vitae, and a sample of writing work indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. please put the subject [Your Name]-Facilitator 25 September 2019
Deadline for Application: 10 September 2019
****Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn