Term of Reference
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN's 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN's community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN. We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
To assist Finance and Accounting Officer during organisational audit preparation Year 2018, ASEAN Foundation will hire a Finance Consultant.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Accounting Officer, the Finance Consultant will:
- Prepare finance vouchers (Bank Payment Vouchers/BPV and Cash Receipts Vouchers/CRV) and ensure finance vouchers are properly signed by the authorisers and supported by proper supporting documents according to the organisaton’s Rules and Regulation.
- Prepare payment instructions in the M2E Web Banking.
- Scan finance vouchers including supporting documents and save each file to the Finance shared drive.
- Assist the Finance and Accounting Officer to check advance settlement of projects activities and fill in a cash deposit form when it’s needed.
- Assist the Finance and Accounting Officer to provide data needed by the auditor.
- Filling finance vouchers, monthly time sheets.
- Perform any activity related to the functions of the ASEAN Foundation that may be assigned by the Head of Finance and Administration.
- Properly processed and signed finance vouchers supported by appropriate documentation .
- Timely processing of payment transactions via cash or online transfer.
- Timely submission and documentation of advance settlements for data inputting within a week from submission date.
- Timey deposit of advance return in a bank (within a week from submission date).
- Proper filing, scaning and storing of all finance vouchers and its supporting documents in the shared file and in its the original hard copy.
A total of 30 working days from 22 April 2019 – 30 June 2019.
The Finance Consultant will receive a lump sum fee (daily rate). The aforementioned amount includes cost incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation. Proposed amount must be mentioned in the letter.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant specialisation (finance, business, accounting)
- Preferably have 1 year of professional experience in a comparable position, including internship experience, as a financial/admin professional
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office package is a must
- Knowledge of written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the deadlines
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral donors will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting software (QUICK Book) will be additional value
Submit a proposal stating the position and to be completed with the following documents by:
21 April 2019; to our email address: email@example.com
a) Letter of Interest
b) Curriculum vitae/Profiles and 3 references
c) Financial proposal specifying a daily lump sum amountTweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn