GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. The ASEAN Foundation is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. More information can be found at http://www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks a graphic design intern to play an active role in the development of the ASEAN Foundation’s communication and promotional materials. Under the supervision of the Communications and Marketing Manager and with guidance from the Executive Director, the intern will help create visually-attractive communication products incorporating both functionality and aesthetic. The communication and promotional materials range from printed publication to online media products such as e-posters, e-banners, e-card, e-flyers, e-newsletter, and many more.
S/he will also support illustration and other supporting visuals needed for the Foundation’s social media posts. The intern will learn how to reach the ASEAN Foundation’s constituents, and promote events or programmes through visual communications both online media products and printed publication. These designs will have to comply with the ASEAN Foundation’s corporate branding manual.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Create design for the Foundation’s publication such as factsheet, brochure, posters, banners, booklet, leaflet, report, and many more based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Create design or illustration including high quality infographic, creative ad, or motion graphics to help improve visual images in the Foundation’s social media channel
- Provide design support and image editing support as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Communications and Marketing Manager
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- Visually-appealing and high quality publications (both printed and online publications) produced by the Foundation
- Unique opportunity to learn about ASEAN issues
- Gain experience in a non-profit sector particularly the opportunity to interact with professionals in ASEAN affairs, civil society and the non-profit sector
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the ASEAN Community building process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Good command of English
- Ability to use various design software particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and CorelDraw
- Of necessity are creativity, originality, fluency of ideas, information ordering and problem solver
- Must have an eye for details
- Demonstrable ability to work under a tight schedule and deliver timely and quality materials
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
Please e-mail a one page cover letter, CV and a portfolio of work samples to email@example.com before 31 January 2018. Please mention Graphic Design Intern in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn