TERMS OF REFERENCE
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (ON RETAINER)
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
For more information, visit: https://www.aseanfoundation.org
In fulfilling its mandate, in 2018 the ASEAN Foundation will continue its programmes in support of the ASEAN community building efforts.
Under the thematic area of Education, the ASEAN Foundation will continue to implement the ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting which will improve the youth skills in diplomacy and negotiation. The ASEAN Foundation also would implement the Science and Technology Fellowship Programme in partnership with USAID, and the Foundation would continue its successful year partnership with the SAP to implement the ASEAN Data Science Explorer (ADSE).
Under the thematic area of Community Building, the ASEAN Foundation would continue to work with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) through the S Rajaratnam Endowment – ASEAN Community Forum series with the support from the Temasek Foundation Connects. Also, the Foundation would continue its partnership with EU and IFAD to support the ASEAN Farmer Support Programme (AFOSP) which aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN countries. The role of the ASEAN Foundation in AFOSP focuses on promoting policy dialogues and interactions between farmers and rural organisations and relevant ASEAN bodies.
Meanwhile, the Foundation would continue its support to the Social Entrepreneurs (SE) and Micro-Small-Medium-Enterprises (MSMEs) in ASEAN in partnership with the SAP.
As such, in order to the support above initiatives, a well-designed communication and promotional products are urgently needed. Visually-attractive publication incorporating both functionality and aesthetic is essential to ensure high visibility of the initiatives as well as to convey its success stories better to various stakeholders and broader audience
The main roles of the graphic design consultant are to advise, suggest and implement design concept that incorporates functionality and aesthetics. Under the supervision of the Communications Manager and with guidance from the Executive Director, the consultant will work with the relevant programme staff i.e Project Manager/Project Officer to provide design service to develop communicative and engaging publication and promotional materials needed for the ASEAN Foundation projects. H/she should be able to present the design ideas in an attractive and communicative visual arts.
TASK OF THE CONSULTANT
- To create and suggest design ideas based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Follow ASEAN Foundation Communication guidelines with regards to branding and identity standards.
- Determine the size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type
- Implement the design concept
- Review final layouts or templates and suggest improvements as needed
- Modify, revise and edits materials as required, in consultation with supervisor and programme staff
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The design services needed for the initiatives will comprise in these following items:
1. ASEAN-SAP Initiatives
1.1. ASEAN Data Science Explorers (data analytic competition)
- Revamping logo design
- E-posters (including posters for call for application, winner announcements, e-profile of selected teams, etc)
- Collateral of the Training of Trainers, ADSE National Finals, and ASEAN Face-Off (backdrop, banner, participants-pack, programme agenda, certificate, photo booth properties, and merchandise)
- A set of infographics for ADSE Fact Sheet and ADSE storyboards,
1.2. ASEAN Social Entrepreneurship
- E-posters (stories from SAP employees, stories from the ASEAN SEs)
- Infographic (facts about ASEAN Social Entrepreneurship)
2. ASEAN S&T Fellowship:
- Logo design (digital and printed materials)
- A set of infographic
- Event publication (backdrop, banner, participants-pack, programme agenda, certificate, photo booth properties, and merchandise)
- E-posters (including posters for call for application, fellow announcements, e-profile of selected fellows,stories from the fellows, etc.)
- Factsheet and brochure/flyer
- Video bumper
- Project report
3. S. Rajaratnam Endowment-ASEAN Community Series
- E-posters (highlighting the forum and profiling the selected participants, etc)
- Event publication (e-invitation, backdrop, banner, participants-pack, programme agenda, certificate, photo booth properties, and merchandise)
- A set of infographic (facts about S. Rajaratnam Endowment-ASEAN Community Series)
- Project report (Book Report after the forum)
- Factsheet and brochure/flyer
- Photo properties design
4. ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations Support Programme (AFOSP)
- Booklet (highlighting success stories of AFOSP)
- Event publication (e-invitation, e-posters, backdrop, banner, participants-pack, programme booklet, certificate, photo booth properties, and merchandise)
- Learning material (booklet/brochures)
5. ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting (AFMAM)
- Factsheet/brochure highlighting the initiative
- Infographic highlighting the impact of the initiative (key success), steps to apply for AFMAM, tips to be a successful student delegate, etc
- Event publication (e-banner, backdrop, certificate, roll up banner, participants-pack, programme agenda, photo booth properties, e-posters)
- E-posters to profile the selected team
- Call for application (e-posters to announce the application and the selected teams)
- Redevelopment of AFMAM Guidebook and booklet.
6. ASEAN Foundation frequent publication:
- Annual Report
- Information factsheets
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The time required for the consultancy is estimated from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. This is home-based and on occasions, the consultant will be required to come in to office to work on the designs and have discussions with the programme staff. This will be determined in consultation with the consultant’s supervisor.
SCOPE OF PRICE PROPOSAL AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Proposals must be expressed in a monthly lump sum. This amount must be “all inclusive”. Payment will be effected upon submission a Time Sheet by the consultant, duly approved by the consultant’s supervisor, which shall serve as the basis for the payment of fees as per the scheduled deliverables identified in the expected outputs for this Assignment above.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Good command of English
- Ability to use various design software particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and CorelDraw.
- Knowledge of and experience Macromedia Dreamweaver QuarkXpress would be an added advantage
- Of necessity are creativity, originality, fluency of Ideas, information ordering and problem sensitivity
- Must have an eye for details.
- Demonstrable ability to work under a tight schedule and deliver timely and quality materials
- At least three years of experience in design and layout work
- Minimal educational requirement: specific diplomas or technical studies in design and layout work
All interested applicants to send application, stating the position with the following documents to
a) Letter of Interest
b) Curriculum vitae/Profiles and 3 references
c) Financial proposal specifying a monthly lump sum amount
d) The samples of the design and
e) The proposed annual report FY 2017, you may check our Annual Report 2016
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION:
04 February 2018 (extended)Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn