ICT SUPPORT SERVICES
ASEAN FOUNDATION - ICT SUPPORT SERVICES
The ASEAN Foundation was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfillment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The ASEAN Foundation is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. More information can be found at http://www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks to outsource its ICT support services mainly consisting of help desk support. Currently, the ASEAN Foundation outsources its ICT supports and its maintenance. The AF has own email servers, its website is hosted on the data centre and the email accounts are using Office 365. Having a reliable internet connection and availability of connectivity is of critical importance to the proper operation of the organisation.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration and with guidance from the Executive Director, the support services will consist of help desk support and availability of such support during the office working hours from 08:30 to 16:30. A dedicated hotline should also be provided and available after office hours.
The technician assigned should be available on request for providing trouble shooting services. Troubleshooting can be provided via phone or onsite depending on the nature of the request. In case of onsite intervention is required, the technician should be onsite the soonest possible.
Apart from the troubleshooting problems, the technician is required to come onsite, on a monthly basis for the verification of backup server data and to perform maintenance of the system, checking updated anti-virus and deployment on all M/Cs, adding users to AD/installation of software and equipment as requested. The technician should provide interventions reports for all onsite support provided.
The technician should also make recommendation to improve the system.
- Troubleshoot users in MS office, MS outlook and other related standard applications available on the market, remotely by phone or onsite
- Troubleshoot and support staff with hardware problem, printing, scanning documents and other support
- Ensure that the organisation’s hardware and software are safe, well maintained, fully properly protected (power surge, virus, etc) and updated with latest patches for optimal performance
- Back up all the data files both in the local server, data centre and in a cloud system
File Servers administration
- Create/maintain user/groups account as required and ensure proper access to folders and files
- Install necessary updates, including antivirus updates and patches as appropriate and maintain security of the ICT infrastructure
- Ensure UPS/routers/modems/DVR and other equipment in the server room and the office are up an functional
- Verify backup of data on servers
Internet Connectivity and Local Networks
- Ensure connectivity is fully functional and liaise with service providers for optimal performance and troubleshooting
- Ensure LAN and Wifi connections are up and running optimally
- Perform bandwidth monitoring
- Carry out IT infrastructure audit within one year of the contract period, to improve the systems and procedures at the ASEAN Foundation, and should support implementation and deployment of ICT system as recommended. This could cover:
- the existing intranet and internet including the AF Local Area Network (LAN) in the most cost-effective manner.
- the internet server, web server, firewall server, DNS server, file server, mail servers, etc., in most cost-effective manner.
- safeguards against breach of network security, and perform network penetration test periodically; check for systems vulnerabilities and conduct security audits;
- user’s rights allocation to file servers, user accounts, as well as e‐mail accounts
- Proper administrative follow up on ICT and CCTV matters
- Assist in updating existing ICT plans and standards operating procedures
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- An office IT systems administration that is efficient in order to enable the staff members to work productively and safely.
- Intervention report for all onsite support
- Log of assistance provided on monthly basis, capturing date of intervention, time spent nature of intervention, and user supported.
- Back up all the systems and files in order to prevent the system from the hazardous circumstances.
- Review report of the IT infrastructure system to provide proper ICT support services
- Request for user support should be logged and attended within a minimum of 2 hours for onsite intervention
- Creation of new users to be performed on the same day the request is made if received in the morning, or the next day if received in the afternoon.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- The company should be registered with a minimum of 3 years providing similar support services
- The company’s technician should have a Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related area with three years’ of experience in user support environment.
- The company’s technician should have experience with multiple server platform (Windows Server, Linux, Solaris) and experience with server’s applications: Checkpoint Firewall, BIND DNS Server, DHCP Server, Apache Web Server, Microsoft Exchange, FreeNAS
- The company’s technical should have good written and oral communication skills in English
- All interested companies to send proposal with the following documents to email@example.com
- reputation of ICT firm i.e. at least three (3) references/letters of recommendations and documentation of years of establishment (between 3 to 5 years).
- curriculum vitae of at least 2 technicians highlighting years of experience in network, server administration, user support, administrative support and proficiency in English
- financial proposal with monthly fees for support services; rate per hour for support provided beyond the support hours (quota) included in the monthly fee; rate per hour for support falling outside the office hours; and the number of days and fee to carry out the IT infrastructure audit.
- The contract will be initially for one (1) year duration, and renewable up to three years subject to satisfactory performance.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
- 17 March 2019 (extended)