INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: DIGITAL COMMUNICATION INTERN
The ASEAN Foundation was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfillment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The ASEAN Foundation is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. More information can be found at http://www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks a digital communication intern to play an active role in the development of the ASEAN Foundation’s online community. Under the supervision of a Communications and Marketing Manager and with guidance from the Executive Director, the intern will main help create content that is relevant to the ASEAN Foundation’s stakeholders that is used for the foundation’s social media accounts and website as well as maintain online interaction. The content is targeted at the ASEAN Foundation’s social media accounts as well as to encourage online interaction from the postings.
S/he will regularly analyse and report on the activities on the foundation’s social media accounts as well as provide website analytics. S/he will also assist in mainlining the ASEAN Foundation’s archive of digital image, videos and other content. The intern will learn how to reach the ASEAN Foundation’s constituents, and promote events or programmes through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Prepare content (text, visual images, videos, etc) based on agreed editorial plan
- Update content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- Upload content for AF’s website
- Posts organisation and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to the ASEAN Foundation’s stakeholders and posts it on to the organisation’s social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from the organisation’s activities and events
- Grows the ASEAN Foundation’s online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions
- Completes other social media projects as assigned
- Create design or illustration including infographic, creative ad, or motion graphics to help improve visual images in each social media channel
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
Analytics and Reporting
- Use Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the ASEAN Foundation’s Facebook page.
- Provide web analytics using Google analytics
- Under the supervision of Communications and Marketing Manager, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- Updated social media accounts as well as website of the ASEAN Foundation in a timely and regular manner
- Engaging and high quality content published in the AF’s social media accounts
- Monthly analytics from social media analytics performed in a timely manner
- Unique opportunity to learn about ASEAN issues
- Gain experience in a non-profit sector particularly the opportunity to interact with professionals in ASEAN affairs, civil society and the non-profit sector
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the ASEAN Community building process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Understanding the basic principles of communication and digital marketing
- Advanced skill in graphic design (proficiency in using Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Corel Draw)
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Basic knowledge on HTML
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment
Available to work minimum 16 hours a week
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
The ASEAN Foundation will refund your public transportation in Jakarta.
Please e-mail a one page cover letter, CV and a sample of your products to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 May 2016
Please mention Digital Communication Internship in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn