Interpreter for ASEAN Learning Exchange in Yogyakarta
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consecutive interpretation services (English/Indonesia) during workshops and field trips
- Support Communication Officer and provide quality assurance to translated materials (especially for social media publication)
- Advise the rapporteur and moderator for the prepared wrap up documents
- Interpretation during the formal meetings, discussion between policy makers, farmers and institutions (on 25 – 26 October 2018)
- Provide editing support related to social media publication and final documents (proceeding and report)
- Experience in intrepreting work
- Highly literate in English and Indonesia
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education
- At least 5 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The interpreterwill workfor 2working days (8 hours/day) starting from the implementation of the project coordinationmeeting (25 – 26 October 2018). Please mention your daily rate in your application.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with an updated curriculum vitae, and a sample of writing work indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org cc to email@example.com; please put the subject Interpreter Yogyakarta ASEAN Learning Exchange.
Deadline for Application: 14 September 2018.
****Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn