Interpreter for EU Youth Forum
Term of Reference
EU Youth Forum : Youth Engagement in Food Crops Production and Value Chain
From Ideas to Impact: What supports are needed for Youth in agribusiness and enterpreneurship along the Value Chain.
25 – 26 October 2017, Jakarta
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi- stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is continuation of the Roundtable Discussion (RTD) on Strengthening Farmers’ Organisations/Agricultural Cooperatives and Attracting Youth in Agriculture, which previously took place on 7 November 2016 at the ASEAN Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is a collaborative effort between the ASEAN Foundation (AF), EU Jakarta Office, the Consortium of Asian Farmers Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), AgriCord, Collectif Stratégies Alimentaires (CSA), and AsiaDHRRA. The event will take place in ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta and Bogor (Indonesia) on 25 – 26 October 2017.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consecutive interpretation services (English/Indonesia) during workshops and field trips
- Support Communication Officer and provide quality assurance to translated materials (especially for social media publication)
- Advice the rapporteur and moderator for the prepared wrap up documents
- Interpretation during the formal meetings, discussion between policy makers, farmers and institutions (on 19 and 21 July 2017), and field trip on 20 July 2017
- Provide editing support related to Twitter publication and wrapped up documents
- Experience in intrepreting work
- Highly literate in English and Indonesia
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The interpreter will work for 2 working days (8 hours/day) starting from the implementation of the project coordination meeting (25 – 26 October 2017) at the rate of IDR 4,500,000. The afore- mentioned amount includes costs incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation, and daily allowances during the event. Payment will be made upon completion of the finalized outputs by transfer.