Keynote Speaker for EU Youth Forum
Term of Reference
Keynote Speaker Romy Cahyadi, UnLtd, Indonesia
EU Youth Forum : Youth Engagement in Food Crops Production and Value Chain
From Ideas to Impact: What supports are needed for Youth in agribusiness and enterpreneurship along the Value Chain.
25 – 26 October 2017, Jakarta
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is continuation of the Roundtable Discussion (RTD) on Strengthening Farmers’ Organisations/Agricultural Cooperatives and Attracting Youth in Agriculture, which previously took place on 7 November 2016 at the ASEAN Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is a collaborative effort between the ASEAN Foundation (AF), EU Jakarta Office, the Consortium of Asian Farmers Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), AgriCord, Collectif Stratégies Alimentaires (CSA), and AsiaDHRRA. The event will take place in ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta and Bogor (Indonesia) on 25 – 26 October 2017.
Expected Outputs of the event:
Identification of potential areas for cooperation between EU Youth/CEJA and ASEAN Youth through AFOSP programme in cooperation with relevant ASEAN and EU bodies and in partnership with other development partners.
Youth Plan of Action Document under AFOSP both at national level
The audience will have an overview of the objectives and major areas of activities of the participating alliances. The Workshop will identify potential areas of collaboration towards the sustainable value chain models development in ASEAN under the flagship of ASEAN Centre for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives (ACEDAC). Next step for each agenda will be developed in the discussion. Conclusion will be presented to the agenda for further consideration and action.
In the view of the organisers the speakers of the agenda should cover the following issues:
- Short presentation (15 - 30 minutes) of the agenda including rationale, stakeholders, and governance
- Relevance to ICT and agri Produce supply chain in local/regional/international arenas
- Brief outline of major activities
- Potential challenges and how to overcome
- It is expected that the speakers will provide advice/consultation services to participants outside their session
- For panel discussion: 10 to 15 minutes presentation with power point slides (or alike)
- For single presentation: 15 - 30 minutes presentation with power point sliders (or alike)
- 10 – 30 minutes questions for clarifications per speaker
- Questions on panel will refer to cooperation and collaboration of farmer organisations/cooperatives towards the participations in the global value chain and ensuring the inclusiveness of coffee value chain at the national level.
Time-frame and Fees:
The speaker will perform her/his duties on specific agenda. The support will be given in the form of:
- Fee speaker for one session of IDR 1,500,000, it includes local transportation.
- Payment will be transferred to the speaker’s bank account.