Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Head of Finance and Administration
Drivers, Security Guards, Office Boy
Term of Employment
This position is for an initial period of one (1) year, after which the position will be evaluated subject to the organization needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of 16 people that will grow to 25 people in the next couple of years. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
The Operations Officer is dependable, organized, and has the attention to detail required to carry out day to day operations of the organisation.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
ASEAN countries Ambassadors
All Official Staff of the ASEAN Foundation
External (outside Post)
ASEAN Secretariat Staff
Administrators in other ASEAN-countries diplomatic missions
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of day-to-day administrative matters (30% of time)
- Provide day to day support of the administrative operations of the organisation ensuring office management processes are organised and efficient.
- Provide executive support to the office including call screening, placing of calls and diary management, coordination of inwards invitations, meeting and greeting of and provision of hospitality to visitors.
- Lead person for managing the shared office calendar, including finalizing meeting dates, appointments and utilisation of office cars and drivers
- Support the official travel arrangements of staff members that are not project-related including reserving, booking and issuance of air-ticket and hotel accommodations.
- In coordination with relevant staff, arrange documents to be sent by post or courier and ensure that the documents can be received timely and properly
- Support maintenance of office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office
- Manage the office filing system for both physical and e-documents
- Manage long-term expatriate staff (e.g. Executive Director’s) visa, residence permit, diplomatic ID and housing matters as well as its VAT tax exemption.
- Manage VAT exemption for all subcontracts; the car licenses and its privilege to the MOFA, Custom Office and Police
- Ensure adherence to office administrative rules and procedures
- Supervise support staff team including drivers, security guards, and office boy
Provide human resource support services (20% of time)
- Support the development of job advertisements for vacant positions including interns by working with the programme team
- Post position openings to job sites and managing flow of incoming candidate applications including interns
- Initiate the first screening to shortlist candidates including interns
- Prepare report of recruitment process
- Initiate background checks on potential new hires
- Prepare letter of offer to candidate including interns
- Assist new employees with their orientation to the organisation, benefits enrolment
- Maintain human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards
- Maintain consolidated record of annual leave to ensure accurate data is obtained;
- Process medical insurance for staff members which includes maintaining data of staff member, and processing claim reimbursements in timely manner
Support procurement activities (20% of time)
- Manage the office-related procurement process, i.e. seek bids which support office operations; negotiate and manage long-term vendor relationships, including but not limited to contracts for travel agency, office equipment, and IT systems as well as PO issuance.
- Manage the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
- Coordinate with programme/project officers on the development and updating of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Support financial activities (10% of time)
- Responsible for managing and accounting for petty cash
- Assist with entering and processing approved payments
- Developing and maintaining files; and
Assist the Executive Director in day-to-day administrative function (10% of time)
- Assist the Executive Director with her/his daily schedule and duties, to include managing her/his calendar, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.)
- Arrange calls and meetings as requested
- Oversee the maintaining of up-to-date database of contacts e.g. diplomatic officers
- Arrange visas and other necessary documents for the ED’s travel to other countries
- Complete correspondence as required by ED;
- Oversee planning and coordination of events e.g. Board of Trustees Meetings, meetings of the ASEAN Foundation including the reproduction of Board of Trustees’ documents
IT Support (10% of time)
- Work with service provider to set up new email address for new staff, terminate unused email address, provide assistance in basic trouble-shooting and monitor network problems
- Work with service provider to facilitate users in obtaining access to systems, assist with assigned user account administration and file rights management
Perform other tasks as assigned by the direct Supervisor and the Executive Director.
- Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration and Human Resource
- Minimum of three (3) years of solid administrative experience in an office setting (in secretarial, administration, finance or accounting and procurement)
- Prior experience with international development and/or non-profit organizations, and/or working in a start-up business environment (preferred);
- Any certification course/degree in the field of ICT is desirable;
- Knowledge of (or the ability to develop knowledge of) the ASEAN Foundation’s goals, systems, policies and procedures to implement and provide advice and assistance to the staff members and other relevant parties; and
- An understanding of development principles and practice including the policy environment in which the ASEAN Foundation programme operates.
- Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia; and
- Previous IT experience or understanding of IT systems – both hardware and software especially Microsoft Office applications, networking, and document backup and security.
- Personal Qualities
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and take initiative as well as able to follow through on tasks
- An adaptable, flexible problem-solver
- Able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
- Ability to motivate, discipline and resolve conflict
- Analytical Skills
- The ability to develop, build and maintain relationships with partners including high ranking government officials, donors as well as contractors; and
- All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae, 3 reference and
c) Salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
- 22 December 2017