PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT INTERN
TERMS OF REFERENCE
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT INTERN
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation is a strategic ASEAN body since 1997. It is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. We exist because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As one of ASEAN’s bodies, we are tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. We support close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN. We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the programme management function of the organisation, led by the Programme Manager in coordination with the programme staff. The Programme Management Intern provides substantive, organisational and logistical assistance to the programme staff of the ASEAN Foundation. In this process, the intern will gain knowledge of the substantive and operational aspects of the foundation’s programmes.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
The intern would be supervised by the Programme Manager and would work closely with programme staff and s/he is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Participate in and prepare input for preparing proposals for funding consideration including budget preparation
- Assist programme management in the organisation’s four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media and community building, for example by elaborating on work plans implementation
- Support the review of project budgets and financial reports
- Develop minutes of meeting
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Programme Manager in developing the M&E system to include research models of the M&E
- Support the development of standardized reporting formats
- Support the programme team to regularly report on progress and implementation of activities
- Support reporting processes based on the performance of individual projects/initiatives and agreed outcomes, outputs, indicators
- Support and initiate the development of graphs to illustrate accumulated data for reports and presentations to stakeholders
Reporting and Communication:
- Support the writing of substantive reports and written contributions for various purposes, including inputs for donor reports, speeches, e-News, web-stories, fundraising efforts and other needs.
- Support research on specific topics, when needed
- Assist in other programme implementation work, including programme assistance functions, such as mailing, logistical arrangements (meeting and travel arrangements, etc) and organisational coordination (liaison with participants, etc)
- Maintain a resource database of experts, officials and institutions, ensuring the most relevant and up-to-date information, to facilitate programme related contacts and communication.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as requested
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern will be able to demonstrate the ability to develop work plans, synthesise information for reporting purposes, research information for funding proposals and write stories about the programmes.
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community building process. The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, coordination and administration skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Enrolment in an undergraduate/graduate degree programme of a recognized institution in a relevant programme
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Position open until filled, requires 2 to 6-month commitment.
September to December 2019
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn