Programme Management Officer
Programme Management Officer
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one (1) year starting in 2018, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
The Programme Management Officer (PMO) will work closely with programme team members, under the supervision of the Programme Manager and the guidance of the Executive Director.
The Programme Management Officer (PMO) will work as part of the programme team and will be responsible for supporting the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning of the ASEAN Foundation. This includes supporting the programme, communication and finance teams to track progress against outcome indicators; assess, propose and implement improvements to ASEAN Foundation’s procedures and policies to facilitate learning in the organisation.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
Head of Finance and Administration
All staff of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
Summary of Key Functions:
- Project Management and Programme Support (50%)
- Support all M&E activities for assigned initiatives/projects including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager, to ensure effective management of programme monitoring and research commitments and deadlines
- Support project/programme teams on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress
- Contribute to the development of procedures, planning, and tools for monitoring, reporting, and (final) evaluation
- Provide input to proposals in matching proposed objectives and activities with appropriate indicators, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Contribute to the preparation and the conduct of external project evaluations by acting as the focal point on evaluations
- Support research about the impact of our work, including by reviewing results over time
Data Management and Analysis
- Liaises with programme/project teams to collect and analyses data and determine progress achieved by individual projects
- Creates and updates a data bank on the programming process including updates on progress of initiatives/projects, as well as operational issues in the organisation
- Support timely entry of data by the Programme team and raise alerts to Programme team and Programme Manager, if there are delays
- Maintains data integrity in our database
- Communications, Reporting and Outreach (30%)
- Regularly documents lessons learnt on various initiatives by the ASEAN Foundation
- Collaborate with the Communication Unit in the selection and dissemination of the organisation and project results, success stories, lessons learned, etc
- Review and analyze bi-monthly reports with Programme Manager to identity the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Contribute to monthly reporting of progress and impact of the programme team’s work, including preparing evidence of sharing internally and externally
- Support the Programme Manager in reviewing donors reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time
- Supporting the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees Meeting (10%)
- Support the preliminary screening of partnership/sponsorship requests, concept notes for further action by following up with the relevant focal points, for the Executive Director
- Prepares reports on performance of projects and the organisation for the review of the management team on a monthly and quarterly basis and the Board of Trustees on a bi-annual basis
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor Degree in International/Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Information Management, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- A maximum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience. This may include relevant internships.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Excellent written & spoken English essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Work experience in the area of project management and/or monitoring & evaluation is an advantage
- Work experience at international development-/international consultancy organizations is an advantage
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to work with partners in a sensitive and participatory manner
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
- All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to email@example.com
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
- Friday, 26 October 2018