Rapporteur for ALSPEAC
Term of Reference
ASEAN Learning Series and Policy Engagement on Agricultural Cooperative (ALSPEAC)
Inclusive Coffee Value Chain
Yogyakarta 19-21 July 2017
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi- stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN Learning Series is a continuation of the ASEAN Learning Route (ALRAC). The 2017 ALSPEAC will be organised in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on 19 – 21 July 2017. The three-day event is specifically designed to facilitate learning exchange on the inclusive coffee value chain,. It is expected to encourage strategic alliance among the farmers’ cooperatives, policy makers, and private sectors as well as to promote collective marketing under the ASEAN Centre for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) coordination. The expected outputs from ALSPEAC 2017 are:
- Seven national networks/focal points of Coffee Agricultural Cooperatives that would bring unified participation of coffee cooperatives in the national and regional coffee dialogues;
- A comprehensive case study on AFOSP Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives;
- A Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives directory serves as a baseline data for ACEDAC.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making detailed notes on the Workshop:
- Synopsis of presentations and discussions of all the sessions (including roundtable discussion and peer learning session)
- Main points raised during discussions
- Taking the main points within opening ceremony and closing ceremony speeches.
- Noting down all the recommendations made throughout the discussions during the presentations
- Report to include the main discussions and recommendations made during the proceedings.
- Utilising the notes taken, prepare an ALSPEAC Report
- Draft outline ALSPEAC Report format/dummy report (the information regarding the event/agenda will be made available after 19th June 2017).
- Daily Rapporteur’s report
- Final Workshop report: A final minutes of meeting from the coordination meeting event in English language will be the final output of the task. Draft should be submitted to ASEAN Foundation before submission of Final Report
- Experience in Rappoteur work
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to analyze, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education
- At least 5 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The rapporteur will work for 6 working days starting from the implementation of the project coordination meeting (18 – 23 July 2017) at the rate of IDR 8,400,000.00. The afore-mentioned amount includes costs incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation, and daily allowances during the event. The ASEAN Foundation will be provided accommodation twin sharing from 18-22 July 2017 at eastparc Hotel, Yogyakarta. Payment will be made upon completion of the finalized outputs.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with an updated curriculum vitae, and a sample of writing work indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience to the e-mail address email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put the subject Raporteur ALSPEAC
Deadline for Application: 14 June 2017.