Rapporteur for ASEAN AFOSP Workshop : Regional Policy Consultation
Term of Reference
Rapporteur Team and Editor
ASEAN AFOSP Workshop: Regional Policy Consultation
Supporting ASEAN 2025: identification for joint action on inclusive value chain for agricultural cooperatives under the ASWGAC coordination mechanism
2 – 3 December 2017, Manila
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP).The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN AFOSP workshop aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide venue for ASEAN and NIAs to share their 2018 Annual workplan and budget with particular focus on the commodity plan, women and youth activities and responses to SIS recommendations.
- Firm-up areas for cooperation with other partners both at the country and regional level
Expected Outputs of the event:
- AFOSP 2018 Plan implemented at the regional level, ensuring the active participation in value chain activities.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making detailed notes on the Workshop:
- Synopsis of presentations and discussions of all the sessions (including roundtable discussion and peer learning session)
- Main points raised during discussions
- Taking the main points within opening ceremony and closing ceremony speeches.
- Noting down all the recommendations made throughout the discussions during the presentations
- Report to include the main discussions and recommendations made during the proceedings.
- Utilising the notes taken, prepare an ASEAN EU Youth Report
- Final Proceeding, submitted by 5 December 2017, already edited, proof-read, ready for publication
- Experience in Rapporteur work (team)
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to analyse, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education
- At least 5 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The rapporteur team and editor will work for 2 working days starting from the implementation of the project coordination meeting (3 December 2017) at the total rate of USD 300. The afore-mentioned amount includes costs incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation, and daily allowances during the event. Payment will be made upon completion of the finalized outputs.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn