Rapporteur for The 2nd Regional Workshop on Developing the Action Plan of ASEAN Roadmap
Terms of Reference
The 2nd Regional Workshop on Developing the Action Plan of ASEAN Roadmap for Enhancing the Role of Agricultural Cooperatives in the Agricultural Global Value Chain
25 September 2019
ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta
The ASEAN Roadmap for Enhancing the Role of Agricultural Cooperative in the Global Value Chain (ASEAN Roadmap)2018–2025 was approved by Ad. Referendum on 4 June 2018 by the focal points of the ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Agriculture Cooperatives (ASWGAC). The document was further endorsed by the 40th AMAF Meeting in Viet Nam in October 2018.
On 28 February 2019, the first regional roadmap workshop was organised to translate the ASEAN Roadmap into an action plan to highlight priorities in order to harmonise actions of the national cooperatives with the four pillars of the ASEAN Roadmap. This workshop brought together multi-stakeholders to enhance the role of agricultural cooperatives in the agricultural global value chain as it attended by focal points of ASWGAC, ACEDAC Secretariat, farmers Organisations and cooperatives, private sector, and development agencies. Later, the draft action plan was submitted to the 21st ASWGAC Meeting in Nay Pyi Taw.
At the 21st ASWGAC Meeting, the Meeting noted the organisation of the first regional roadmap workshop where a fruitful exchange of views resulted in a recommended action plan and priorities that can be utilised to operationalise the ASEAN Roadmap 2019-2025 by the ASWGAC and/or stakeholders for cooperation. Based on the discussion, strengthening the market access and capacity building on agricultural cooperatives were considered as the priority with suggested activity to launch an e-commerce with e-payment system using the existing platform under ACCMSME. Under financial service, it was recommended to establish a weather index for insurance scheme. The Meeting discussed the possibility to conduct another regional roadmap workshop to develop a new project/collaboration in order to implement the roadmap based on the priorities discussed at the first regional roadmap workshop focusing on cooperatives insurance and e-commerce with agreed appointment of lead country for each thematic project.
The Meeting requested the ACEDAC Secretariat, the ASEAN Secretariat and the ASEAN Foundation under the project of ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations Support Programme (AFOSP) to facilitate the second regional roadmap workshop.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of the ASEAN Foundation and in coordination with AFOSP communication officer and facilitator, the rapporteur will take a detailed record of the discussions during the discussion later producing a comprehensive report on the proceedings.
To produce the comprehensive report, the rapporteur will
- Making detailed notes (verbatim) on the workshop:
- Synopsis of Focus Group Discussion and presentation from each group
- Main points raised during discussions and question and answer session
- Noting down all the recommendations made throughout the discussions and then prepare the draft matrix for Action Plan and Priorities of the Roadmap. The draft matrix should be ready before the Plenary Session and submitted to ASEAN Foundation’s officer during the lunch break
A well‐written comprehensive report of the forum in an electronic format (word document), covering the following content:
- Taking the main points from welcome remarks and way forward/closing session
- The forum proceedings, including key discussion and conclusion in every session; include Q&A
- The recommendations made in the concluding session;
- The report will also be accompanied by an Executive Summary that summarises the proceedings and main outcomes of the forum.
- Annexes, including (1) concept note, (2) agenda, (3) Participant list, including contact email addresses, (3) presentations, (4) reference documents (if any are presented in the forum)
Draft should be submitted to ASEAN Foundation and facilitator before submission of Final Report to ASEC and Working groups meeting.
Duty Station and Contract Duration
The duration of the assignment will be from 25-26 September 2019. The consultant will be expected to work at workshop on 25 September 2019 in ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta – Indonesia.
- Experienced in Rapporteur work
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Good understanding of the ASEAN processes
- Able to analyse, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences/workshop
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English/ English Education
- At least 2 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 2 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with an updated curriculum vitae, and a sample of writing work indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. please put the subject [Your Name]-Rapporteur- 25 September 2019
Deadline for Application: 13 September 2019