Runner for ASEAN Learning Series
Term of Reference
ASEAN LEARNING SERIES
on Quality Management along agri-value-chains
Station: Bangkok - post harvest management and market access
29 – 31 May 2018
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP).The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The role of ASEAN Foundation (AF) in AFOSP is to bridge coordination between relevant sectoral ASEAN bodies under the ASEAN Ministers Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF) such as coordination with ASEAN Center for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) and ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Agricultural Cooperative (ASWGAC) with Farmer Organisations.
The ASEAN Foundation seeks runners to support the ASEAN Learning Series on 29 – 31 May 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
In this process, the runner will gain knowledge of the practical experience in an international working environment, possibility of increasing their understanding of AFOSP objectives, strategies and programmes; and, the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge and skills of young and motivated students whose academic studies are in fields related to ASEAN Foundation’s activities.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
- The runners will not be considered in any respect as being a staff member of ASEAN Foundation and will not accrue benefits.
- The runner must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known to him/her by ASEAN Foundation during the event of the assignment and must not publish any reports or papers based on information obtained or made available to him/her during the event, except with the written authorization of ASEAN Foundation.
- At the end of the assignment the Runner completes the Runner Evaluation Form. The Runner will also be evaluated by his/her supervisor, who will provide an assessment of his/her performance. The evaluation should be discussed with the Runner and a copy should be kept in the Runner’s Personal File. ASEAN Foundation will issue a certificate of participation to runners after completion of the event.
- If possible, runners are requested to bring their own laptop.
The runner should receive a stipend. The amount of the stipend will be the equivalent USD 30/ day. The runner will also receive transportation fee, equivalent to total USD 30. The runner will work for 8 hours per day, from 29 – 31 May 2018.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a CV and one page motivation letter (in English) to the e-mail address email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put the subject Runners ASEAN Learning Series Bangkok
Deadline for Application: 12 April 2018
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourceful, demonstrates initiative, enthusiastic and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
****Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn