Senior Programme Management Officer
Senior Programme Management Officer
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one (1) year starting in 2018, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
As a Senior Programme Management Officer, you will help to standardise programme design, implementation and optimisation of the processes, tools and templates. You will provide guidance, capacity building and direct support on monitoring, as well as support to results reporting and dissemination.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and in collaboration with the Communications team, the Senior Programme Management Officer contributes to the operations of the programme unit, and disseminates information.
The principal responsibilities include establishing proper internal systems for project monitoring, quality assurance, as well as to strategic programming and unit work planning.
The candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working independently.
The ability to work with a wide variety of people from governments, agencies and non-governmental organizations, is essential
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
Head of Finance and Administration
All staff of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
Summary of Key Functions:
- Effective oversight over the management and implementation of initiatives of the ASEAN Foundation (60%)
- Support the Programme Manager in the effective planning, organisation, management, implementation, and M&E to ensure timely achievement of quality results of the Foundation’s initiatives/projects
- Work with programme team (as well as internal and external project partners where appropriate) to devise, develop and deliver appropriate and proportionate systems to evaluate key activities at project level
- Ensure detailed, implementation or action plans are created for the duration of each initiative/project as appropriate
- Ensure initiatives/projects have requirements documented and agreed to ensure that initiative/project activities meet agreed initiative/project objectives
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all initiatives/projects of the ASEAN Foundation is timely and accurate and enables stakeholders to have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and pro-actively managed to minimize disruption to successful delivery
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management and refine relevant project management tools, templates, documentation
- Liase and coordinate with the relevant ASEAN Secretariat division on the development of programme / project management tool.
- Support programme/project team to work closely with finance to ensure accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans
- Ensure quality control of internal results reporting and reporting to the Board of Trustees and donors
- Support the monitoring of progress towards the achievement of the ASEAN Foundation’s overall results
- Reviews project materials and prepares synthesis documents of results, for team learning as well as lessons learned and discussion on future programming
- Regular briefings and timely report to supervisor on any exceptions to facilitate timely actions and informed decisions
- Ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external audit standards
- Build and maintain effective external relations, partnerships and support resource mobilisation (40%)
- Coordinate with programme/projects officers to ensure standardisation of proposals, donor reports
- Develop a prospective donor profile database that includes prospective donor funding areas, geographical and sectoral preferences, criteria, and policies with a view to identifying funding opportunities
- Prepare relevant documentation on donors and develop potential opportunities for resource mobilization
- Work with programme units to identify gaps in funding and seek new and existing donors to provide financial assistance
- In close cooperation with Programme staff, draft project proposals/briefs to be submitted to donors for funding
- Collaborate with the Communication Unit in the selection and dissemination of CO and project results, success stories, lessons learned, etc.
- Performs preliminary screening of partnership/sponsorship requests, concept notes for further action by Management Team/Executive Director
- Plans and coordinates programme meetings involving the Foundation’s network of partners and prepares background material, distributes agendas, and provides general support to enhance the effectiveness of the meetings
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor Degree in International/Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively relevant professional experience in programme management including programme design, programme coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting of results and building partnership or four (4) years of working experience in the same area with a postgraduate degree
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Significant experience in a project management office
- Developed project /programme management and planning skills and experience for IFAD, EU, USAID project/programme
- Demonstrate comprehensive undertanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and programme / project management tools and utilise these regularly in work assigment
- Good understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of organisational objective
- Experience in proposal development for varied donors like EU, USAID, IFAD
- Excellent written & spoken English essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Recognised formal project management qualification is desirable
- Familiarity with Sustainability Reporting e.g. Global Reporting Initiatives
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality
- Comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with Programme teams to drive required decisions and outcomes
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to work with partners in a sensitive and participatory manner
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
- All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to email@example.com
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
- Tuesday, 23January 2018