Term of Reference
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN's 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN's community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN. We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
The ASEAN Foundation will hire a Finance Consultant to review finance vouchers of all transactions from January 2018 to May 2018 to ensure each finance voucher supported by proper documents according to ASEAN Foundation Finance Rules and Regulation. Aside to this, Finance Consultant has to review AFOSP finance vouchers from November 2018 to March 2019 to ensure each finance voucher supported by proper documents according to ASEAN Foundation Finance Rules and Regulation and specific EU regulation in order to project closing.
SCOPE of WORK
Under direct supervision of Head of Admin and Finance and working together with the Finance and Accounting Officer, the Finance Consultant will:
- Check finance vouchers Operations, SAP Project, AFMAM Project and S&T Project period January 2018 – May 2018 to ensure each of voucher supported by proper documents. Check list supporting documents for payment, advance settlement and deposit is attached.
- Provide and attach missing supporting documents in finance vouchers (if any).
- Scan missing finance vouchers to be saved in shared drive.
- Obtain missing approval in finance vouchers.
- Assist Finance and Accounting Officer to provide data needed by auditor.
- Link AFOSP scanned finance vouchers period November 2018 – December 2018 and January to March 2019 to dropbox for easy access by AFA.
- Prepare payslip for all staff whose time allocated to AFOSP period 2016 - 2018.
- Review AFOSP inventory list and make necessary revision and justification on the procurements based on actual purchasing documents.
- Work with AFOSP Project Support Officer to develop stakeholder/vendor registry (database 2016 - 2019).
- Ensure the staff’s timesheet and its contracts stored in the AFOSP Intranet.
- Other tasks as required including completing pending works from previous contract.
- All finance vouchers, except AFOSP (January 2018 – May 2018) are supported by proper documents and properly signed.
- All finance vouchers (except AFOSP) with missing supporting documents and approval (January 2018 – May 2018) are scanned.
- Stamped payslip for staff whose time allocated to AFOSP.
- All finance vouchers (November 2018 – December 2018 and January – March 2019) are scanned and uploaded to dropbox and AFOSP Intranet.
- Accurate AFOSP inventory list.
- Stakeholder/Vendor Registry 2016 -2019.
- Complete and accurate time sheets information for staff whose salary allocated to AFOSP period 2016 – 2019.
The total work is expected to take a total of 30 working days from 15 March 2019 – 31 May 2019 (possibility to extension if needed).
The Finance Consultant will receive a lump sum fee (daily rate). The aforementioned amount includes cost incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant specialisation (finance, business, accounting)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience as a financial/admin professional
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral donors will be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer application (e.g. MS Office, SAP, QUICK Book, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of written English
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the deadlines
- Familiarity with EU IFAD and ASEAN Project Management is highly desirable
Submit a proposal stating the position and to be completed with the following documents by 07 April 2019 (extended):
to our email address: email@example.com
a) Letter of Interest
b) Curriculum vitae/Profiles and 3 references
c) Financial proposal specifying a daily lump sum amountTweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn