Locally Recruited Staff – Level 1 (Non-Professional Staff/Supporting Staff)
LRS 3 – Operations Officer
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one (1) year, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the Security Guard is responsible for Professional Security protection, safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel and all visitors at the ASEAN Foundation premises. Perform all appropriate related and unrelated duties, as directed.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
All staff within the ASEAN Foundation
External (outside Post)
Local Police Officers
Local Fire Department
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service with associated switchboard and reception duties, maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times;Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, record maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the ‘Daily occurrence book’ or log book;
- Provide visitors to the ASEAN Foundation with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist;
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Operations Officer of any issues of malfunctioning equipment;
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so;
- Ensure that the office’s alarm and CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with the ASEAN Foundation’s agreed standards;
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported;
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail;
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed;
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering;
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning and lights;
- Check all offices in the evening before closing office to ensure all electric and electronic equipment are switched off and all windows and doors are properly closed/secured;
- In the absence of Operations Officer or receptionist, answer incoming calls, routing them to the proper individual and taking messages when appropriate. Security Guards should also greet visitors when they visit the office; and
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the direct Supervisor and the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Completion of senior high school with at least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Accomplish Security Guard basic training programme certificate.
Qualification and Technical Skills
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these;
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate actions to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behavior.
- Able to communicate in English (Basic English knowledge);
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate; and
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution.
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the ASEAN Foundation’s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated with a willingness and friendly approach
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Excellent general health with a good level of physical fitness
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with the ASEAN Foundation’s roster
A lump sum monthly salary will be provided commensurate with the qualification and experience.
All interested applicants to send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
stating the post with the following documents:
- Application letter and/or one minute video on why you want to join us;
- Curriculum vitae and 3 referees
- Salary history as well as expected salary
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
14 January 2018Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn