Social and Digital Internship at The ASEAN Foundation
The ASEAN Foundation was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfillment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The ASEAN Foundation is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. More information can be found at http://www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks a social and digital intern to play an active role in the development of the ASEAN Foundation’s online community. Under the supervision of a Programme Officer and with guidance from the Executive Director, the intern will maintain the ASEAN Foundation’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to the ASEAN Foundation’s stakeholders. S/he will regularly analyse and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the ASEAN Foundation’s website. S/he will also assist in mainlining the ASEAN Foundation’s archive of digital image, videos and other content. The intern will learn how to reach the ASEAN Foundation’s constituents, and promote events or programmes through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Posts organisation and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to the ASEAN Foundation’s stakeholders and posts it on to the organisation’s social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from the organisation’s activities and events
- Grows the ASEAN Foundation’s online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions
- Maintains current information in LinkedIn accounts
- Completes other social media projects as assigned
- Organizes digital images according to purpose (print or web) and designated program categories.
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
Analytics and Reporting
- Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the ASEAN Foundation’s website.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the ASEAN Foundation’s Facebook page.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Officer, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- Updated social media accounts of the ASEAN Foundation in a timely and regular manner
- Updated digital photo library
- Monthly analytics from social media analytics performed in a timely manner
- Unique opportunity to learn about ASEAN issues
- Gain experience in a non-profit sector particularly the opportunity to interact with professionals in ASEAN affairs, civil society and the non-profit sector
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the ASEAN Community building process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Working toward an undergraduate university degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment. Available to work 8 to 10 hours a week
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
The ASEAN Foundation will refund your public transportation in Jakarta.
Please e-mail a one page cover letter, CV and a writing sample by 15 September 2015 to email@example.com ;
Please mention Social and Digital Media Intern in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.