TERMS OF REFERENCE CONSULTANT FOR THE ASEAN FOUNDATION ON RESOURCE MOBILISATION IN THE REGION
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfilment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The ASEAN Foundation requires a consultant to work with Executive Director to strengthen the resource mobilisation efforts of the organisation particularly with the private sector and high net worth individuals. This is to diversity its donor base to maximise income generation for the organisation.
The consultant will be expected to be self-motivated and able to work independently. S/he will be supervised by the Executive Director and will work in collaboration with relevant staff assigned to provide support.
TASKS OF THE CONSULTANT
Research and Identification
- Identify potential companies, foundations and high net-worth individuals from ASEAN countries, China and Japan who might be interested in supporting ASEAN programmes
- Identify opportunities for networking with prospective donors
- Develop donor profiles for prioritisation based on giving capacity and interest
- Plan and prepare for meetings to build relationships with prospective donors and advance the process of resource mobilisation to proposal stage, including writing pre-call emails/letters, talking points and cultivation plans
- Assist Executive Director in formulating responses to queries from prospective donors
- Conceptualise and develop proposals
- Assist Executive Director in formulating responses to queries
- Work with Head of Finance and Administration to ensure that donor is appropriately recognised and that reporting procedures are in place
- Fine-tune Stewardship Plan
- Work with Communications team to generate interesting stories for media
- Pipeline of prospective donors from private sector and foundations
- Inventory of donor profiles, cultivation plans and proposals for follow-up
The duration of the consultancy is 30 days within a six months duration
A lump sum quotation is required including fees and other relevant expenses.
- Corresponding payments shall be made following certification by the ASEAN Foundation that the services related to the TOR have been satisfactorily performed and
- Deliverables have been achieved by the or before the due dates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree
- At least 5 years’ relevant professional experience, including experience in thematic areas related to the ASEAN Foundation’s programmes and in proposal writing
- Fundraising experience including experience of developing fundraising strategy for not for profit organisations and a range of fundraising approaches
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Availability to fulfil the role and tasks within the stipulated timeframe
Interested ASEAN nationals based in Indonesia are to send application, stating the consultancy assignment with the following documents to email@example.com:
a) short cover letter that clearly addresses the points in the qualification and experience section
b) curriculum vitae
c) contact details of two people who are qualified to comment on your ability to undertake this work and
d) financial proposal containing work plan specifying a total lump sum amount (we only process the proposal that offers price and work plan)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Sunday, 6 December 2015Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn