TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR WRITING AND EDITING (CONSULTANCY)
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfilment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
Recently, AF revamped the design of its website and now requires support of a consultant to provide website copy particularly for the following pages: about us and what we do.
At the same time, it is interested to document projects with proven results to attract donors’ attention. The documentation is to showcase the significant achievements of the key projects which would be used to provide information and visibility on AF’s programmes, projects and activities. AF could also use the documentation for interaction with partners, including ASEAN Member States, donors and partners.
The main objective of the consultancy is to demonstrate in a reader-friendly format the work of the ASEAN Foundation quickly to external audiences about who we are, what we do and how we do it. The consultant is expected to identify information from project documents and interview beneficiaries (if relevant) through skype as well as identify appropriate photos from the ASEAN Foundation photo library to illustrate the stories.
The consultant will be supervised by the Executive Director working with the Senior Communication Officer.
TASKS OF THE CONSULTANT
- Discuss with AF staff to collect information from the various programme and project documents
- Record human interest stories in appropriate medium such as articles, photos, videos, for publication in the ASEAN Foundation’s website, e-News, Facebook page, and other social media
- Produce the text and infographics as well as photographs to highlight success stories and including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Produce content and appropriate images/photography
- Write and edit the agreed content with a professional writing style
- Revise and finalise the documentation following feedback from the Executive Director
- Revised website copy focusing on the about us and what we do pages
- Development of a brochure on the ASEAN Foundation
- At least 10 human interest stories from our programmes, activities, events
The duration of the consultancy is around 20 days within a two months period.
A lump sum quotation is required including fees and other relevant expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism or English
- At least five years of professional experience in journalism, or related communication field
- Excellent English language writing and editing
- Basic knowledge of photography, graphics and video is considered as an added advantage.
- Proven experience working with regional/international organisations
- Ability to analyse and synthesise relevant information to the benefit of the organisation
- Organised and responsible
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness
All interested applicants to send application, stating the assignment with the following documents to email@example.com – a) application letter, b) curriculum vitae c) samples of work d) references and e) financial proposal containing work plan specifying a total lump sum amount (we only process the proposal that offers price and work plan)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Sunday, 15 November 2015Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn