THE ASEAN FOUNDATION INVITES ASEAN NATIONALS TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The ASEAN Foundation based in Jakarta, Indonesia, is seeking an Executive Director to lead the Foundation’s efforts to promote greater awareness of ASEAN within the region, and to foster a closer ASEAN community.
Since its establishment under the ASEAN Charter in 1997, the ASEAN Foundation has served to strengthen partnership and coordination among various ASEAN stakeholders. It provides scholarship and networking opportunities, supports exchanges between the youth of ASEAN Member States, and improves the welfare of the ASEAN peoples. The ASEAN Foundation also supports activities that promote the ASEAN identity within the region, through encouraging cross-country interactions among artists, academia, civil society, NGOs and businesses.
The Executive Director will build on the ASEAN Foundation’s successes to contribute towards the realisation of ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in the public sector, private sector or non-profit organizations. The candidate should be committed to the ASEAN Community-building process, and have a good understanding of how to build good relationships with governments, the business sector, civil society and academia. An inspiring leader who can oversee complex programmes, relationships and competing priorities, the Executive Director should be a compelling advocate for the ASEAN Foundation’s role in building a stronger and more cohesive ASEAN Community.
The Executive Director (ED) provides vision, leadership and guidance to the organisation and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organisation.
- The ED is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the organization’s short and long-term work plan.
- The ED manages all administrative and operational matters of the ASEAN Foundation (including policies, budget and staffing).
- The ED will play a significant role in securing the financial resources required to sustain and grow the ASEAN Foundation’s initiatives and programmes, as well as build positive working relations with external stakeholders. The ED reports to the Board of Trustees of the ASEAN Foundation.
The ED shall:
- Be a national of an ASEAN Member State
- Possess a university degree or professional qualifications from a reputable institution, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, International Relations or Human Resources. Candidates with an advanced degree are preferred.
- Have at least 10 years of professional work experience, with 5 years at a management level, i.e. leadership of a medium-sized organisation, or a senior leadership role in a large organisation, involving the management of significant organisational change.
- Experience in developing budgets, analysing revenue and fiscal management and planning
- Proven skills in fundraising and grant-proposal writing, including the ability to expand the network of donors and partner organisations, and in-depth experience negotiating with multi-sector stakeholders.
- Have a good understanding of ASEAN issues
- Experience in developing and leading a communication and media strategy
- Have the necessary skills to cultivate good working relationships with governments of ASEAN Member States and its partners, relevant international and regional bodies as well as with various sectors, such as foundations and civil society organisations, especially within the Southeast Asian region.
- Be fluent in English
- Be in good health
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive an attractive package consisting of monthly basic salary of USD 6,000.00, with other benefits, such as coverage of housing, medical, and education expenses of eligible dependent children.
The position is based in Jakarta and the appointment will be for a period of three years starting on 17 January 2020, which may be renewed for another three years based on the approval of the Board of Trustees through an open-based recruitment process.
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com, highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a written statement of your vision for the ASEAN Foundation, in not more than 300 words. Please include a detailed CV, a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained. Kindly complete the Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded from the ASEAN website at the link - http://www.asean.org/opportunities/asec-employment-form.
Applications sent without all the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Executive Director
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Foundation by Monday, 20 May 2019. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn