WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN.
For more info about the ASEAN Foundation, visit: www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks a Web Design and Development Intern to play an active role in the development of the ASEAN Foundation’s digital media particularly the Foundation’s website and email marketing. Under the supervision of a Communications and Marketing Manager and with guidance from the Executive Director, the intern will help develop the Foundation’s website, e-newsletter, and other email marketing. S/he will regularly analyse and report on the activities on the foundation’s website using the web-analytics. S/he will distribute email newsletter, report and analyse its effectiveness. The intern will learn how to improve the Foundation’s digital media development particularly in the www.aseanfoundation.org by developing attractive and engaging online images and presentations.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Generate and update content on the website
- Create banners, images, posters etc for display on the website (using products like Photoshop)
- Design website promotions and online campaigns
- Produce short video/animated gifs for web use
- Retouching and sizing images
- Optimising web page content for search engines
- Implement Google Adwords to help increase website traffic
- Investigate and report any operational/technical issues arising
- Plan, define and implement website changes and functional improvements
Email Marketing (E-newsletter, e-invitation)
- Implement coding for email newsletter using mailchimp
- Produce e-newsletter based on the content provided by the Communications Manager
- Implement effective distribution for email newsletter and e-invitation.
Research and Development
- Monitor key performance indicators on the website and develop plans to improve them (web analytic)
- Investigate, evaluate and assess new ways of generating additional traffic
- Produce reports to analyse the performance of the online media products namely website, and e-newsletter (via reports, analytics, surveys etc)
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- Updated website of the ASEAN Foundation in a timely and regular manner
- All content is presented in an engaging and attractive look, layout, and feature of a website
- Engaging and attractive e-newsletter is produced and distributed based on agreed schedule
- Short video/animated gifs for web use is produced
- Monthly web-analytics performed in a timely manner
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provides the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community building process. The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in media production and management and digital marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student
- Computer literate and advanced skill in Multimedia design, programming, and digital imaging
- Strong visual design skills (good sense of balance, grid, color, typography, etc.)
- Proficiency in HTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Photoshop, CMS tools, Java Script, or other Web Design
- Previous experience of website development and digital media production
- Familiarity to use Google Adword and email marketing software
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Basic understanding of Google products such as Webmaster Tools & Analytics would be desirable
- Interns also must have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, in addition to being able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
Please e-mail a one page cover letter, CV and a portfolio of work samples to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 January 2017. Please mention Web Design and Development Intern in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.